This year, the UADS will be hosting the Alberta Debate and Speech Association’s High School Provincial Tournament. Top teams from across the province will be there and competing to represent Alberta at the National High School Debate Seminar.
When is this:
-Saturday March 13, 2004
-@ Harry Ainley High School (4350 – 111 Street)
-From 8am to ~4pm
Where do you fit in?
– As always, we need judges. Lots of judges.
– If you are available to judge, please contact Alim Merali ASAP (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– If you are fluent in FRENCH, we need bilingual judges. Contact Alim, and specify that you can judge bilingual rounds.
– If you know anyone who can judge either category, please encourage them to come out.
Why should you do this?
– As many of you know, the UADS is looking to host the CUSID National Championships next year. However, the size and complexity of such a tournament necessarily means that none of the UADS’ members will be able to compete. We will, however, be needing every able-bodied debater to judge. So….
– This high school tournament is the first in a series of “judge training” sessions. Practice being in the judge’s seat. While the high school debates are in a slightly different style, most of the principles are common to CP. If you’ve never judged before, this is a great place to start.
We’d greatly appreciate all the judges we can get. C’mon out and give it a whirl.
2004 Alberta Provincial Debate Championships
8:00 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. – Registration
8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. – Briefings
9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. – Round 1
10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. – Round 2
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. – Round 3
12: 30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Lunch (provided for all judges)
1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Semi-Finals
2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m – Finals
3:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. – Awards